Spring/Summer - 12/09/2020 - 02/01/2021
Summer - 04/19/2021 - 06/04/2021
The Texas A&M University System
Student Health Insurance Plan Waiver Criteria
The Texas A&M University System has established five circumstances in which an international student can request a waiver to the student health insurance plan by providing alternative health insurance coverage. In order to be approved for a waiver, your alternate health coverage must meet the requirements as set in the System Regulation and be submitted with proof documentation prior to the deadline.
If you are an International student who is enrolled in the Graduate Student Employee (GSE) Plan, or you are a covered spouse on the GSE plan:
Click Here for more information
Please review these prior to submitting your waiver request.
- Student is sponsored by the United States government; or
- Student is sponsored by a foreign government recognized by the United States or certain international, government-sponsored or non-governmental organizations, and covered under a health plan that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). If the health plan does not include medical evacuation and repatriation, a rider must be purchased providing coverage at equal limits to the SHIP; or
- Student is enrolled in an employer-provided group health plan that is compliant with the ACA. If the health plan does not include medical evacuation and repatriation, a rider must be purchased providing coverage at equal limits to the SHIP; or
- Student is enrolled in only distance learning programs; or
- Student is involved in intercollegiate athletics and coverage for all medical insurance is provided through a policy as part of the current sports accident medical policy approved by System Risk Management.
- Alternative coverage for the Spring semester must be effective 1/1/21 – 8/31/21.
Acquire the following scanned documents before clicking below to submit your waiver information:
- A scanned copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card indicating you are a covered member.
- A scanned copy of your complete policy, including exclusions & limitations and dependent coverage.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR SPRING 20-21 WAIVER REQUEST ONLY IF YOU MEET ONE OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA & HAVE YOUR SCANNED DOCUMENTS READY
Please contact Academic HealthPlans at help.ahpcare.com if you have questions.